Nursing Admin. Assistant
Nursing and Health
School Nurse Consultant
LADSE’s school nurse consultant supports LADSE’s multi-district programs, its member district nurses, staff, and students and their families. The nurse is available to discuss specific needs of students receiving special education services and to share resources on all aspects of school health matters. Vision and hearing screening as mandated by the Illinois Department of Public Health is offered to students throughout the year. An outcome of screening may be identification of students eligible for participation in a vision, otologic, or audiological clinic sponsored by LADSE in conjuction with state health agencies.
Education and Training
Health education and training programs on a variety of topics including CPR, defibrillator use, first aid, contagious and chronic illnesses, seizures, auto-immune deficiency syndrome, bloodborne pathogens, state and federal mandates, and other health related issues are offered to LADSE and district nurses and staff.
Consultation services are offered to district nurses and to DuPage West Cook Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program. Coordination between home and school staff is offered when health problems, chronic illness, or major accidents require home visits from the nurse. When necessary, individual health plans and procedures for health impaired students are developed.
We will do vision and hearing on all LADSE students at least once throughout the year. Please let the LADSE nurse know if you refuse this screening for your child.
Ladse requests that all families of students with asthma submit an asthma action plan that has been completed by their health care provider to the building or classroom nurse. If the student will need asthma medication at school, this action plan along with a medication form should be completed by the parent and health care provider and submitted. (See Health Forms)
For those wanting more resources regarding Food allergies, go to:
FARE (Food Allergy Resource and Education)
2019-2020 Kindergarten Parents
The following examinations are required for kindergarten:
- Current Physical Examination with complete immunization records. Many school districts request this information by the first day of school.
- Dental Examination Performed by a licensed dentist and recorded on the State form by 5/15/20.
- Vision Examination: required by 10/15/19. Each child shall present proof of having been examined by a licensed optometrist or medical doctor who performs eye examinations within the previous year before October 15th of the school year.
2019-2020 Second Grade Parents
- A dental examination is required for all students and due by 5/15/20.
2019-2020 Sixth Grade Parents
- Current Physical Examination (within 1 year of the first day of school and immunization records (Tdap, 2 doses varicella (chickenpox), 1 dose meningococcal vaccine on or after the 11th birthday.) Many school districts request this information by the first day of school.